GENCI (Grand Equipement National de Calcul Intensif) has the following mission:
- promote the use of modelling, simulation and high performance computing in fundamental and industrial research.
- promote the organization of European high performance computing and participate to its actions.
- set in place and coordinating the major computer equipment for the French computer centers for civilian research, by providing for their financing and assuming their ownership.
- perform all research required for developing and optimizing the utilization of computing equipment.
- open its facilities to all interested scientific communities, academic or industrial, national, European or international.